• Announcements

    • Mixdoctor

      Latest update of the Beast Ǝncore, Get it NOW!   01/05/2017

      🔥 Latest update of the Beast Ǝncore, Get it NOW! 🔥 The Beast Ǝncore has been updated today and it is awesome 😍 Big thanks goes out to the Team and special thanks to @ChrisB and @Tech Timeruuu  As always please register here: http://thebeast1.com/ and use the following repo: http://thebeast1.com/repo Backup server here: http://thebeast2.com/ and use the following repo: http://thebeast2.com/repo Enjoy    CHECK OUT OUR NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL BY CLICKING HERE   Enjoy. 😎The Mixdoctor 😎 Team Member of forum.place & Extreme Kodi Testing ( Check us out too )    You Can Now Follow Me On Twitter https://twitter.com/Kodi_Mixdoctor
        CHECK OUT OUR LATEST SITE  Stream Help http://streamhelp.org  If We Or This Forum Has Helped You Please Consider Donating To Keep All Videos And Forums Up To Date And Active As The Server Costs Are Great  Remember Click Around The Adverts As This Also Helps Pay For Server Costs Thank You  And Have A Great Day 🏵  KODI DISCLAIMER
      We are not connected to or in any other way affiliated with Kodi, Team Kodi, or the XBMC Foundation. The 3rd Party addons are not the property of Kodi.tv and not supported by them. Third party addons will not receive any support in official Kodi channels, including the Kodi forums and various social networks
    • Tech Timeruuu

      🔥🔥🔥 The Beast Krypton AVAILABLE NOW 🔥🔥🔥   01/10/2017

      As always please register here: http://thebeast1.com/ and use the following repo: http://thebeast1.com/repo Backup server here: http://thebeast2.com/ and use the following repo: http://thebeast2.com/repo Enjoy. As always please like this video and subscribe to my channel to keep bringing you awesome videos. Official site: http://streamhelp.org
      Help/Support Forum: http://koditalk.org
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/techtimeruuu
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/techtimeruuu
    • Mixdoctor

      ALL READ ::: IMPORTANT THE BEAST SERVERS HAVE NOW BEEN UPDATED   01/14/2017

      IMPORTANT THE BEAST SERVERS HAVE NOW BEEN UPDATED Hi Everyone, Well that time has come at last, We have now updated both SERVERS for The Beast Builds also made the registration page a lot clearer for you all as well as written instructions for EASY INSTALL and a FULL REVIEW of any new builds that are added after today. Again this has been created for us all by the team and special thanks goes out to @Tech Timeruuu and @ChrisB. OK we now have 2 servers one in the U.K. and the other one in the USA,  so choose the one closest to your country. ALSO PLEASE NOTE as these are new and still propagating hence you may need to, if one of the sites doesn't work you need to open up your command prompt CMD and type the following ipconfig/flushdns... then all should be fine. SO THE IMPORTANT PART NOW The Beast U.K. servers As always please register here: http://thebeast1.com/ and use the following repo: http://thebeast1.com/repo The Beast US servers As always please register here: http://thebeast2.com/ and use the following repo: http://thebeast2.com/repo Official site: http://streamhelp.org
      Help/Support Forum: http://koditalk.org    CHECK OUT OUR NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL BY CLICKING HERE    😎The Mixdoctor 😎 Team Member of forum.place & Extreme Kodi Testing ( Check us out too )    You Can Now Follow Me On Twitter https://twitter.com/Kodi_Mixdoctor
        CHECK OUT OUR LATEST SITE  Stream Help http://streamhelp.org  If We Or This Forum Has Helped You Please Consider Donating To Keep All Videos And Forums Up To Date And Active As The Server Costs Are Great  Remember Click Around The Adverts As This Also Helps Pay For Server Costs Thank You  And Have A Great Day 🏵  KODI DISCLAIMER
      We are not connected to or in any other way affiliated with Kodi, Team Kodi, or the XBMC Foundation. The 3rd Party addons are not the property of Kodi.tv and not supported by them. Third party addons will not receive any support in official Kodi channels, including the Kodi forums and various social networks
HeyitsHim

Kodi Freezes on File Manager on PC.

34 posts in this topic

 Hi guys im going through this problem once i get on kodi and go straight to file manager to add the spartan wizard kodi freezes it wont even allow me to get the prompt that allows me to type in the link. Now i tried mostly everything to try to fix this i uninstalled kodi, I even installed  different versions of kodi and even forks and it all does the same thing. It even takes a while to start up kodi and before i had this issue it was really quick.  On top of that i wiped my pc which was my final result and hoping it'll fix it self thinking it maybe a driver issue and it didn't change a thing. Please if anybody had this issue or think that can help itll be much appreciated.

16gbs ram

amd fx 8230

asus gtx 780 

250 ssd card (which kodi runs on )

3 tb hard drive

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening buddy,

My god you done more than i would have suggested and the specs are more than enough, You told us you used different versions of Kodi so no point going up that route but just incase  make sure you get Kodi from the Kodi site and not a 3rd party also stick to Jarvis 16.1 for now. You have not said what OS your using just wondering as I have tested Kodi on several OS's with no problems hence I am really interested in your problem here so want to help get to the bottom of it.

You've gone through the driver issue i see but just check you graphics side. OK windows has most graphics drivers built in but I have found in the past that they are not as good as the original manufacture drivers  for your card so may be worth not relying on windows drivers but installing the manufactures drivers and same with sound always try to use manufacture drivers if you can.

Apart from that i really don't know what to suggest but please keep us informed as I am really interested in whats going on also this is a good thread for others if they get same problems.

The Mixdoctor B| Moderator of Spartanpixel and Extreme Kodi Testing
                                                                                  Check us out too.

 you can now  follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Kodi_Mixdoctor

If we or this forum has helped you please consider donating to keep all videos
and forums up to date and active as the server costs are great ..

Remember click around the adverts as this also helps pay for server costs

Thank you :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I had this awhile ago too as I use a dedicated laptop for kodi . So first off IF you've tried to install 

and it failed , use your file explorer and browse to kodi and locate the addon for the beast or whatever

your trying to install , DELETE the whole folder as it holds some failed files . then back out and restart .

then start kodi again go to file manager and add the wizard , then back out go to addons / install from

zip / wizard and install it . then go to programs and install the wizard and your done if no icons or 

background make sure you have the right skin selected . hope that helps ya

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 hours ago, Mixdoctor said:

Evening buddy,

My god you done more than i would have suggested and the specs are more than enough, You told us you used different versions of Kodi so no point going up that route but just incase  make sure you get Kodi from the Kodi site and not a 3rd party also stick to Jarvis 16.1 for now. You have not said what OS your using just wondering as I have tested Kodi on several OS's with no problems hence I am really interested in your problem here so want to help get to the bottom of it.

You've gone through the driver issue i see but just check you graphics side. OK windows has most graphics drivers built in but I have found in the past that they are not as good as the original manufacture drivers  for your card so may be worth not relying on windows drivers but installing the manufactures drivers and same with sound always try to use manufacture drivers if you can.

Apart from that i really don't know what to suggest but please keep us informed as I am really interested in whats going on also this is a good thread for others if they get same problems.

The Mixdoctor B| Moderator of Spartanpixel and Extreme Kodi Testing
                                                                                  Check us out too.

 you can now  follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Kodi_Mixdoctor

If we or this forum has helped you please consider donating to keep all videos
and forums up to date and active as the server costs are great ..

Remember click around the adverts as this also helps pay for server costs

Thank you :)

 I tried to be specific as possible and i knew i left something out lol i am running windows 10. This is really odd because this never happen to me. i have been using kodi for about 2 years and also learned alot from techtimeruu videos to create my own builds and what not and im up to date with all my addons and i am aware i can download a andriod emulator to use kodi that way but it kinda defeats the creativity that way. if i do find a solved situation ill inform you :) hopefully some one reads this and know exactly whats going on because this is driving me nuts!  also i the kodi app directly from the website.

Edited by HeyitsHim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mikman001 said:

Ok I had this awhile ago too as I use a dedicated laptop for kodi . So first off IF you've tried to install 

and it failed , use your file explorer and browse to kodi and locate the addon for the beast or whatever

your trying to install , DELETE the whole folder as it holds some failed files . then back out and restart .

then start kodi again go to file manager and add the wizard , then back out go to addons / install from

zip / wizard and install it . then go to programs and install the wizard and your done if no icons or 

background make sure you have the right skin selected . hope that helps ya

 The thing is kodi app installs fine on my pc and i made sure when i unistall it i shred every thing that has to do with kodi. plus i took it to the extreme and wiped everything off my computer thinking that will help but it had the same issue. one i go into the kodi app i click on file manager and the app freezes and it becomes unresponsive. after like 10 -20 min itlll unfreeze if i dont touch it and i type in the repo and itll freeze again . so itll kill the motivation to use it . Mind you all the other application i have on my computer run smooth and fast no lag or anything its just kodi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has to be something you have installed in kodi or your firewall . Like I said I have windows 10 and dedicated laptop just 

for kodi , I run iptv on mine and have about 10 builds installed for troubleshooting on here . 

Make sure your using Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and NOT ( Kodi Krypton 17 Its still in development ) 

But to delete all you can not just shred everything there will still be leftovers 

You need to browse and also show hidden files to browse to the leftover files to manually delete

browse to : C:/users/*Your username*/appdata/roaming/kodi    --- if there is a kodi file there delete it 

then reinstall as admin of computer and try that way ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mikman001 said:

There has to be something you have installed in kodi or your firewall . Like I said I have windows 10 and dedicated laptop just 

for kodi , I run iptv on mine and have about 10 builds installed for troubleshooting on here . 

Make sure your using Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and NOT ( Kodi Krypton 17 Its still in development ) 

But to delete all you can not just shred everything there will still be leftovers 

You need to browse and also show hidden files to browse to the leftover files to manually delete

browse to : C:/users/*Your username*/appdata/roaming/kodi    --- if there is a kodi file there delete it 

then reinstall as admin of computer and try that way ...

 I also did that aswell and did it again not to long ago to see if i miss anything but still no luck sigh..... i am willing to let you go onto my computer through team viewer to see for yourself and see what im talking about or maybe you can find whats the issue. just inbox me here and let me know when you are available and vise versa =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try following this it may help you also

Try this 1st :  You might need to change acceleration un-tick you'll find it under system>video

 

Then this 2nd if 1st doesn't work :

:

[Image: 11x0107ub7jdb88df.jpg]
These test builds could possibly be unstable. Proceed with caution and always backup (wiki) your settings!

What is this:

  • These are test builds for anyone who would like to help with testing the DirectX11 upgrade.
  • No new features have been added to this version beside the current development done in Kodi nightly builds.
  • Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card installed and the most recent DirectX version. See Microsoft website for more details
  • The fix for the webserver crashing has not been integrated in these builds. So don't ask for them.

The main aim of this thread is to help identify issue related to the DirectX11 upgrade and not meant for general problems.

How to help:

Please include in your post:

  • Say if this was also an issue in previous builds or not.
  • A full debug log (wiki) posted on xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com
  • Possible crashlogs uploaded for download. Make sure you have the correct .pdb file placed in the install folder
  • The build date (in the download URL or in system info on Kodi). Specify which one you tried.
  • Details about your system (OS, hardware specs, videocard, driver etc)
  • Steps needed to reproduce the issue (play a movie, go to a file list, use an add-on, etc)
  • The more details, the better.
  • You may also post that everything is working as expected so we known current state of this development. In this case also provide full info.


Where to download:
Specific DirectX11 test builds are listed below. Other files in the "test-builds" directory are unrelated to this testing.
Builds will be updated on regular bases. Make sure you always try the most current one listed below before reporting problems.

Windows:

  • 15.2-DX11 Installer (12 November)
  • please also download the .pdb file here, rename it to Kodi.pdb and place it alongside the Kodi.exe inside the installation folder (usuallyC:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi). Re-download the correct file each time you are install another test build. This helps us to identify possible crashes.


Example post

Quote:
  • Hardware: Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA GT275, driver-version 340.52
  • Debug Log: pastebin.com/xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Crashlog: Dropbox lin
  • Description: Video problems while playing back VC-1 files. This did not happen while testing KodiSetup-20150213-1f521fb-master.exe
  • Screenshots: Dropbox link
  • How to reproduce: Playing back a VC-1 video file. I have provide a sample file for download.


Any irrelevant post will be removed without notice!


Stereoscopic 3D rendering:

Stereoscopic 3D rendering is only enabled on systems that have all the components that are stereoscopic 3D-capable. These components include 3D-capable display hardware, graphics hardware, peripherals, and software applications.

System requirements:

1. Windows 8 and later.
2. WDDM 1.2 video driver. (To check version of driver please run dxgiag on your PC and look at Driver Model at the Display section.)
3. DirectX 10 capable and higher video hardware.
4. 3D-capable display.

Also you need enable checkbox Stereo 3D settings for all supported displays in Screen Resolution control panel, as shown here:

[Image: IC716720.jpg]

Note for NVIDIA owners:

You have to install NVIDIA 3DTV Play to be able to use hardware based stereoscopic 3D feature.

Changes:

The changes are quite obvious. A full upgrade to the DirectX11 implementation and moving away from DirectX9 while keeping the backwards compatibility for past videocards and drivers to some extend.

November 12

  • New release with dx11 fixes from Jarvis based on 15.2 final release.


October 21

  • New release with dx11 fixes from Jarvis based on 15.2 final release.


September 19

  • Fixed possible crash on older GPUs which support only FL9.1 and Pixel Shader rendering method.
  • Fixed color range with DXVA renderer.
  • Fixed possible crash with Vortex visualization.

August 16

  • Fixed font blurry.
  • Rebased onto Isengard 15.1 branch.


August 07

  • Fixed displaying textures which is shown with reverse side.
  • Rebased onto Isengard 15.1 branch.


Jule 23

  • Fixed deintelacing on AMD cards.


Jule 22

  • Fixed issue where Kodi cannot start on GPU whose driver not exposes feature levels 9.x
  • Fixed crash during moving Kodi window between different adapters.
  • Rebased onto Isengard release


Jule 11

  • A tiny optimization of PS rendering.
  • Rebased onto Isengard-RC2


Jule 03

  • A small optimization of PS rendering.
  • Enable HQ scallers with DXVA by default.
  • Rebased onto Isengard-RC1


June 22

  • Fixed rendering with <algorithmdirtyregions> 1 and 2.
  • Fixed issue when Kodi's window can lose foreground state at startup.
  • Rebased onto master


June 14

  • Fixed build problem for visualisations
  • Rebased onto master


June 04

  • Fixed segfault on older GPUs.


June 02

  • Fixed segfault if movie file contains SSA/ASS subtitles.
  • Try to fix color space issue with dxva.
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements.


May 03

  • A few small fixes and improvements.
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements.


April 16

  • Reworked GUI shader to improve GUI performance.
  • Fixed possible crash when desktop is locked.
  • [visualization] MilkDrop2 visualization has been ported to DirectX 11. Here is link to download https://github.com/afedchin/Milkdrop2-XBMC/releases
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements


April 07

  • [visualization] MilkDrop visualization has been ported to DirectX 11.
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements.


March 31

  • [visualization] Vortex visualization has been ported to DirectX 11.
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements.


March 20

  • Fixed "freeze" GUI after switching off hardware based stereoscopic 3D mode in windowed mode. But there is a possibility what a display does not switch to 2D.
  • Fixed screen flickering in true full-screen mode during changing stereo mode.
  • A few little fixes.
  • Rebased to current master in order to include latest features and fixes.


March 15

  • Fixed hardware based Stereoscopic 3D mode.


March 13

  • Added supporting of hardware based Stereoscopic 3D.
  • Fixed visualisation addons to work with deferred rendering.


March 11

  • Added experimental deferred rendering which can improve performance on older GPUs.
  • A little improvement of GUI performance.
  • Rebased to the current branch to include latest changes.

Version notes:

If you have an issue with rendering with this version (March 11), please do the following:
1. Create or update advancedsettings.xml in %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata folder with contents:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <allowdeferredrendering>false</allowdeferredrendering>
</advancedsettings>

2. Restart Kodi.

February 27

  • Fixed creation swap chain on some systems.
  • Changed TTF font texture processing.
  • Fixed resoulution changing when switching to fullscreen.

February 26

  • Fixed resurrection on device changing.
  • GUIFontTTFDX: properly release buffers at destroying font.

February 25

  • Added workaround to fix dxva rendering on some systems.
  • Fixed overlay rendering.
  • Fixed GUI in anaglyph stereo mode.
  • Rebased to current master to include current fixes.

February 20

  • Try to solve dxva rendering on some systems.
  • Improve VideoSyncD3D to use less CPU time.
  • Remove DX9 from installation package. 

February 19

  • Fixed PS/SW rendering with dxva decoding (i.e. forcedxvarenderer = false)
  • Removed dependency on d3d9_xx.dll. Now Kodi doesn't require DX9 installed.
  • Fixed VideoSyncD3D. now it uses DXGI functionality.
  • Fixed changing screen mode.
  • Rebased to current master to include current fixes.

February 16

  • Rebased to current master to include current fixes.
  • Fixed font disappearing issue. (Please confirm)
  • Fixed ffmpeg dxva decoding which was broken in previous build after rebase.

February 15

  • Fixed possible crash on exit.

February 14

  • Fixed possible crash on startup.



Issues

  • There is a possibility what a display does not switch to 2D after hardware based 3D in windowed mode.

 

Also don't forget to register at http://extremekoditesting.freeforums.org/ for more of your troubleshooting needs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mikman001 said:

Try following this it may help you also

Try this 1st :  You might need to change acceleration un-tick you'll find it under system>video

 

Then this 2nd if 1st doesn't work :

:

[Image: 11x0107ub7jdb88df.jpg]
These test builds could possibly be unstable. Proceed with caution and always backup (wiki) your settings!

What is this:

  • These are test builds for anyone who would like to help with testing the DirectX11 upgrade.
  • No new features have been added to this version beside the current development done in Kodi nightly builds.
  • Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card installed and the most recent DirectX version. See Microsoft website for more details
  • The fix for the webserver crashing has not been integrated in these builds. So don't ask for them.

The main aim of this thread is to help identify issue related to the DirectX11 upgrade and not meant for general problems.

How to help:

Please include in your post:

  • Say if this was also an issue in previous builds or not.
  • A full debug log (wiki) posted on xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com
  • Possible crashlogs uploaded for download. Make sure you have the correct .pdb file placed in the install folder
  • The build date (in the download URL or in system info on Kodi). Specify which one you tried.
  • Details about your system (OS, hardware specs, videocard, driver etc)
  • Steps needed to reproduce the issue (play a movie, go to a file list, use an add-on, etc)
  • The more details, the better.
  • You may also post that everything is working as expected so we known current state of this development. In this case also provide full info.


Where to download:
Specific DirectX11 test builds are listed below. Other files in the "test-builds" directory are unrelated to this testing.
Builds will be updated on regular bases. Make sure you always try the most current one listed below before reporting problems.

Windows:

  • 15.2-DX11 Installer (12 November)
  • please also download the .pdb file here, rename it to Kodi.pdb and place it alongside the Kodi.exe inside the installation folder (usuallyC:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi). Re-download the correct file each time you are install another test build. This helps us to identify possible crashes.


Example post

Quote:
  • Hardware: Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA GT275, driver-version 340.52
  • Debug Log: pastebin.com/xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Crashlog: Dropbox lin
  • Description: Video problems while playing back VC-1 files. This did not happen while testing KodiSetup-20150213-1f521fb-master.exe
  • Screenshots: Dropbox link
  • How to reproduce: Playing back a VC-1 video file. I have provide a sample file for download.


Any irrelevant post will be removed without notice!


Stereoscopic 3D rendering:

Stereoscopic 3D rendering is only enabled on systems that have all the components that are stereoscopic 3D-capable. These components include 3D-capable display hardware, graphics hardware, peripherals, and software applications.

System requirements:

1. Windows 8 and later.
2. WDDM 1.2 video driver. (To check version of driver please run dxgiag on your PC and look at Driver Model at the Display section.)
3. DirectX 10 capable and higher video hardware.
4. 3D-capable display.

Also you need enable checkbox Stereo 3D settings for all supported displays in Screen Resolution control panel, as shown here:

[Image: IC716720.jpg]

Note for NVIDIA owners:

You have to install NVIDIA 3DTV Play to be able to use hardware based stereoscopic 3D feature.

Changes:

The changes are quite obvious. A full upgrade to the DirectX11 implementation and moving away from DirectX9 while keeping the backwards compatibility for past videocards and drivers to some extend.

November 12

  • New release with dx11 fixes from Jarvis based on 15.2 final release.


October 21

  • New release with dx11 fixes from Jarvis based on 15.2 final release.


September 19

  • Fixed possible crash on older GPUs which support only FL9.1 and Pixel Shader rendering method.
  • Fixed color range with DXVA renderer.
  • Fixed possible crash with Vortex visualization.

August 16

  • Fixed font blurry.
  • Rebased onto Isengard 15.1 branch.


August 07

  • Fixed displaying textures which is shown with reverse side.
  • Rebased onto Isengard 15.1 branch.


Jule 23

  • Fixed deintelacing on AMD cards.


Jule 22

  • Fixed issue where Kodi cannot start on GPU whose driver not exposes feature levels 9.x
  • Fixed crash during moving Kodi window between different adapters.
  • Rebased onto Isengard release


Jule 11

  • A tiny optimization of PS rendering.
  • Rebased onto Isengard-RC2


Jule 03

  • A small optimization of PS rendering.
  • Enable HQ scallers with DXVA by default.
  • Rebased onto Isengard-RC1


June 22

  • Fixed rendering with <algorithmdirtyregions> 1 and 2.
  • Fixed issue when Kodi's window can lose foreground state at startup.
  • Rebased onto master


June 14

  • Fixed build problem for visualisations
  • Rebased onto master


June 04

  • Fixed segfault on older GPUs.


June 02

  • Fixed segfault if movie file contains SSA/ASS subtitles.
  • Try to fix color space issue with dxva.
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements.


May 03

  • A few small fixes and improvements.
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements.


April 16

  • Reworked GUI shader to improve GUI performance.
  • Fixed possible crash when desktop is locked.
  • [visualization] MilkDrop2 visualization has been ported to DirectX 11. Here is link to download https://github.com/afedchin/Milkdrop2-XBMC/releases
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements


April 07

  • [visualization] MilkDrop visualization has been ported to DirectX 11.
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements.


March 31

  • [visualization] Vortex visualization has been ported to DirectX 11.
  • Rebased to current master to include fixes and improvements.


March 20

  • Fixed "freeze" GUI after switching off hardware based stereoscopic 3D mode in windowed mode. But there is a possibility what a display does not switch to 2D.
  • Fixed screen flickering in true full-screen mode during changing stereo mode.
  • A few little fixes.
  • Rebased to current master in order to include latest features and fixes.


March 15

  • Fixed hardware based Stereoscopic 3D mode.


March 13

  • Added supporting of hardware based Stereoscopic 3D.
  • Fixed visualisation addons to work with deferred rendering.


March 11

  • Added experimental deferred rendering which can improve performance on older GPUs.
  • A little improvement of GUI performance.
  • Rebased to the current branch to include latest changes.

Version notes:

If you have an issue with rendering with this version (March 11), please do the following:
1. Create or update advancedsettings.xml in %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata folder with contents:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <allowdeferredrendering>false</allowdeferredrendering>
</advancedsettings>

2. Restart Kodi.

February 27

  • Fixed creation swap chain on some systems.
  • Changed TTF font texture processing.
  • Fixed resoulution changing when switching to fullscreen.

February 26

  • Fixed resurrection on device changing.
  • GUIFontTTFDX: properly release buffers at destroying font.

February 25

  • Added workaround to fix dxva rendering on some systems.
  • Fixed overlay rendering.
  • Fixed GUI in anaglyph stereo mode.
  • Rebased to current master to include current fixes.

February 20

  • Try to solve dxva rendering on some systems.
  • Improve VideoSyncD3D to use less CPU time.
  • Remove DX9 from installation package. 

February 19

  • Fixed PS/SW rendering with dxva decoding (i.e. forcedxvarenderer = false)
  • Removed dependency on d3d9_xx.dll. Now Kodi doesn't require DX9 installed.
  • Fixed VideoSyncD3D. now it uses DXGI functionality.
  • Fixed changing screen mode.
  • Rebased to current master to include current fixes.

February 16

  • Rebased to current master to include current fixes.
  • Fixed font disappearing issue. (Please confirm)
  • Fixed ffmpeg dxva decoding which was broken in previous build after rebase.

February 15

  • Fixed possible crash on exit.

February 14

  • Fixed possible crash on startup.



Issues

  • There is a possibility what a display does not switch to 2D after hardware based 3D in windowed mode.

 

Also don't forget to register at http://extremekoditesting.freeforums.org/ for more of your troubleshooting needs 

the acceleration thing didnt work and i have directx 12 should i downgrade ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no don't downgrade keep 12 , Are you in the UK by chance? if so see 

but other than that as long as you downloaded kodi from https://kodi.tv/download/ and not a third party 

and installed correctly the wizard best way is go to 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mikman001 said:

no don't downgrade keep 12 , Are you in the UK by chance? if so see 

but other than that as long as you downloaded kodi from https://kodi.tv/download/ and not a third party 

and installed correctly the wizard best way is go to 

 

No im from United States and thats where i download kodi from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well like I said before , I'm on win 10 and all works fine here and installed without a glitch 

only other thing I can suggest would be disabling any firewalls you may have running 

and try to install again but AGAIN make sure there is no folders left when you check to see if

any there . I use power uninstaller pro and it sometimes still doesn't get all files 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikman001 said:

Also I will flag @Tech Timeruuu to use team viewer with you 

thanks i will try to reinstall it again with out firewall and i used uninstaller pro aswell and ur right sometimes it does leave files behind. but its much appreciated =)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anytime , if still doesn't work just ask tech timeruu for some help with team viewer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikman001 said:

Anytime , if still doesn't work just ask tech timeruu for some help with team viewer 

 will do Just incase he doesn't see your tag today i will send him a email tomorrow if he can kindly help me with my situation when ever hes free because i know hes busy like the most of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

n/p he'll see my tag , good luck on the reinstall . But yes he'll be able to help ya 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mikman001 said:

Anytime , if still doesn't work just ask tech timeruu for some help with team viewer 

 

1 hour ago, Tech Timeruuu said:

Hey guys, what seems to be the issue?

 

1 hour ago, Tech Timeruuu said:

Hey guys, what seems to be the issue?

 Hey Tech it Seems like what ever i do my problem wont get fixed. Every time i try to go into my file manager it'll freeze my kodi application on my PC and i have pretty great build of a PC that should handle this with no problem. Any application i run is pretty quick but kodi seems to lag. once it starts up and once i click on file manager.Once i click file manager itll freeze and the prompt where i put the link at wont even show until 30 mintues later. i tried uninstalling it several times and i tried different versions of kodi and forks as well and all leads to the same results. i even went to the extreme and wiped my PC thinking it may be a driver issue but it wind up doing the same thing. Never in my 2 years of using kodi i ran into a issue like this. If its not to much to ask may you take a look at my computer through team viewer and see what may be the issue this is driving me Nuts. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmmm The Saga continues I see,

I can certanally see why this is so damn frustrating trust me I wouldn't sleep until i solved this if it was happening to me.

@HeyitsHim just an idea do you have another machine/laptop you could test on to see if your getting the same problem as process of illumination seems to be what is needed here i think. If you do have another machine give it a try and let us know what your results are buddy

The Mixdoctor B| Moderator of Spartanpixel and Extreme Kodi Testing
                                                                                  Check us out too.

 you can now  follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Kodi_Mixdoctor

If we or this forum has helped you please consider donating to keep all videos
and forums up to date and active as the server costs are great ..

Remember click around the adverts as this also helps pay for server costs

Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Tell me about it i stood up until 5 am today trying to figure this out but no results. I actually do have a laptop i barley use ever since i build my pc. I also have a Nvidia shield and Nvidia tablet and a fire stick and none of those objects have that issues sigh.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi There,

Right you are saying you have no issues on your laptop, mmmm then it defiantly has to be with some configuration on your PC but where is the main question. You obviously know what your doing I can see this hence trust me you are exactly like myself staying up all hours with problems etc. Right I am also going to tag the boss lol @Tech Timeruuu as I see he is now in this thread as I am curious on what the hell this problem is. Hopefully you and TT can arrange a time with you both on team viewer and we await the results from both of you. The most annoying thing I can not produce this problem myself as I have quietly behind the scenes on looking and following this  made up a VM machine and I am having no problem here so it's to me got to be down to ??? I just don't know what but await the results as I said 

The Mixdoctor B| Moderator of Spartanpixel and Extreme Kodi Testing
                                                                                  Check us out too.

 you can now  follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Kodi_Mixdoctor

If we or this forum has helped you please consider donating to keep all videos
and forums up to date and active as the server costs are great ..

Remember click around the adverts as this also helps pay for server costs

Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thanks again :) yeah im off all day and monday and i was checking my friends pc and added kodi on there and he also didnt have a issue so it frustrated me more lol i am pretty tech savvy and if i dont know how to do something ill keep searching and figuring out ways to solve my issues before i start asking question but for the life of me i cant solve this issue and i bet it something so small to lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a idea don't even know if this can be done but i would try it.

Try booting in safe mode then run kodi and see if it works

No idea if kodi will ruin but just a thaught

The Mixdoctor B| Moderator of Spartanpixel and Extreme Kodi Testing
                                                                                  Check us out too.

 you can now  follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Kodi_Mixdoctor

If we or this forum has helped you please consider donating to keep all videos
and forums up to date and active as the server costs are great ..

Remember click around the adverts as this also helps pay for server costs

Thank you :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mixdoctor said:

just a idea don't even know if this can be done but i would try it.

Try booting in safe mode then run kodi and see if it works

No idea if kodi will ruin but just a thaught

The Mixdoctor B| Moderator of Spartanpixel and Extreme Kodi Testing
                                                                                  Check us out too.

 you can now  follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Kodi_Mixdoctor

If we or this forum has helped you please consider donating to keep all videos
and forums up to date and active as the server costs are great ..

Remember click around the adverts as this also helps pay for server costs

Thank you :)

lol did not work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now