GhostWolf

Kodi on Xbox One

7 posts in this topic

I am planning to install Kodi on my xbox one console. I want to know what I need to do afterwards to make sure everything works and I can start watching content. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Once you have installed kodi on the Xbox then its basically like every kodi buddy no matter if its on a Xbox,android or pc. Hence once you got kodi installed you would just install a build like you would on any. box.

Hope this easies you mind. To install a build or one of our builds just follow the written instructions or video in the post below. To view the post just click on it's title in the box below buddy.

Hope this helps you and let us know how you get on 

I have heard that Microsoft has taken Kodi off the Xbox recently even though it was available. see this link to view more about what Microsoft are/have done http://streamhelp.org/kodi-xbox-one-download-temporarily-pulled-from-microsoft-store/

thanks. is there any builds that are better or are they all basically similar? just trying to get info before i start it all.

and as for kodi not being on xbox one. i actually just did a search in the microsoft store and it was there. thanks for letting me know that.

Edited by GhostWolf

I personally would use Beas shield buddy and it seems the best addon for films and TV is the Rebirth addon which is also in the build. As you know many addons are in a bit of a mess because of the powers that be threatening developers. so this is actually what I am using myself right now m8

I don't know if this is an importance. and maybe need to install a different add-on. but the version of Kodi that i installed on my xbox one is Kodi 18.0-Alpha1. I did try installing the beast. but there were some errors in the extraction, and when i was prompted to shut down kodi i clicked ok and i relaunched it and waited to finish and some errors happened that i can not recall. i uninstalled it and just making sure if this build of Beast is not made for my version of kodi.

Ahhh,

YES you are correct atm all our builds are for 17.6 and not 18 I must admit buddy. I know there are builds out there for 18 but not many I can tell you as 18 is still in Beta so I am told and this is why the developers haven't starting building for 18 yet. I guess if you can't find a 17.6 version or below for xbox you will need to search for an 18 build. As soon as 18 is out with no bugs and a proper release then we will start builds for this but until general release we just stick to the 17 versions. Sorry about this but i do hope you understand why we do this buddy